Monday, July 20, 2009

Life in a yarn store

Hi all. I hope your day is going well. Mine is better than most! That is a good thing. It's been busy here most of the day until a little while ago. We got really busy and stayed that way until after lunch. That's the way I like it! Lots of sales, lots of customers, friends dropping by, etc...Keeps Mike and me talking and socializing.

This Thursday and next Thursday are Knit Nights. We decided to have 3 this month because there are 5 Thursdays. Usually there are only 4. Some of our friends will be out of town, but I hope the ones who are still here will come by and sit and knit/crochet with us. We will be talking about the Yarn Addicts knit/crochet club. I want to have that meeting on another night so that the ones who come for Knit Night won't feel like they have to belong. We will be doing charity work and making stuff for our favorite charities at this new club meeting. If any of you want to be a member, or just want to come to Knit Night, just let me know and your name will be on the list. We will have fun!

We just got another big shipment from Plymouth Yarn and there is some really pretty yarns in it. Come by and check us out! Also we got yarns from other companies. They are all beautiful and makes ya wanna pet the yarn!

I am taking suggestions on the kinds and types of classes you want to see me post and teach. I have ongoing learn to knit or crochet classes whenever you want to learn. It just makes it easier for folks who work different hours to be able to come and take classes. So...if you have suggestions, just let me hear them!

Now is the time to start making Christmas gifts. It is really NEVER too early to start. Be thinking of what you are planning to make and come on in and get your supplies and set up a class if you need help with the stuff!

If you have a club that wants to learn to knit/crochet, just let me know and we can set up a special classtime to do this. I have enough room in here to accomodate about 25 or 30 tightly packed students. Also, I have had quite a few people to request sewing classes! If there is a real interest in this, I can do that, too. I sewed for the public for about 30 or 40 years. I know that sounds strange, but there isn't anybody around here to do it. We need a fabric store here in Carrollton, don't we?!?!?!?

The short needles still have not come. I think somebody screwed up the order again and they have been sent to Timbuktu again. Oh, well, I guess they will come soon.

Watch the blog and email for the sale coming up. Anyone bringing in hats for the chemo and breast wellness centers will get 10% discount. If I happen to forget, just remind me and I will either give it to you that day (if you buy something) or I will give it to you on your next purchase. That's fair, isn't it?!

Ronda Cole brought her brother and his family into the store today. It was great finally getting to meet them. Her brother, Brad, was saying how much he liked the store and his wife, Sherrie, loves it, but Brad said it looks like I need to move to a bigger spot! Well, he's right. But I think I will just have to keep moving things around and make more room if only a smidgeon. Being close makes it more fun, I guess. H-mmmmmmm. I don't know where to put anything else. Help!!!! Come buy a bunch of stuff so I can have more room for the things coming. Hey! That would work! Ha!

Happy Birthday to my nephew, Ian! He's 13 today.

Talk to you again in a day or two.

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment