Saturday, June 27, 2009

Things for kids to do this summer

I have been thinking of stuff to do that is not necessarily knitting or crochet. Of course, we have classes for beginning knit and crochet, but when I was a kid, I loved doing all those other crafts, too. Remember lanyards? I used to have the most fun with those things. I have a supply of the boondoggle lace cord and the ends. Anyone interested in sending their kids (ages 8 and up - or even YOU) to a 2 hour fun crafting session making lanyards can call me and set up a class. The class is only $10 counting supplies and will be a fun learning experience. I found some really cute projects that we can use for even a second more advanced class! Come and join the fun and stay indoors out of the heat!

Another class I am going to offer is friendship bracelets. Remember those, too? They're fun and teach hand/eye coordination as well as being fun. This class, also, is 2 hours for $10.

Hot mats! Learn to weave hot mats like your grandmother used to have sitting on the stove when you were little. We can do these PLUS they will be useful. Class 2 hours, cost $10.


Another skill to learn is beading on a loom. I used this method to make hat bands for all the dance team members' hats when I was on the country dance team at the Crystal Chandelier a hundred moons ago (or 10 years ago...whichever came first). It was fun and they were something they couldn't go in a store and buy. Plus...I made money making them! It is important for kids and adults alike in these times to know things they can make money doing without spending a lot! Same hours and same price.

How 'bout it? Anyone interested in doing these classes for their kids or themselves can call me at 770-830-6480 to sign up for 2 hours of fun (and a little break for you).

Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment